Fundraiser begins: August 29th, 2017 til September 19, 2017
We need your support!
Be Extreme by helping us raise needed funds that will provide
resources not funded through our school budget. These are the
“extras” that enhance your child’s education! We will reach our
goal if each student sells 10 or more items from the enclosed
brochures and website.
For every student who registers 10 emails they will receive a Fidget Spinner.
All funds raised will be used to support:
• Student and Teacher enrichment.
• Additional supplies and activities.
We hope that we can count on your support! Don’t forget to
register online for additional ways to spread the word and raise
If you have any questions please contact:
Adina Murry-Swinney – firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Vice President and Fundraising Chair
Tapp Middle School PTSA
Click on the following links for more information!!
It’s about that time, come in and meet your child’s teachers, administrators and PTSA board members. Below is the time for each grade:
- 6th grade – 11:00 – 12:30
- 7th & 8th grade – 2:00 – 3:30
If you have any questions, please call the main office at 770-222-3758
The votes have been counted and the results are in and here is your new members of your incoming 2017- 2018 Board members:
- President :Robert Leon Lee, Jr
- Co -Vice President: Laura Shyman
- Co-Vice President: Adina Murry-Swinney
- Treasurer: Yolanda Anderson
- Secretary: Nadine Payne
Here is the Slate for the incoming PTSA Board
- President – Robert Lee
- Vice President – Laura Shyman
- Vice President – Adina Swinney
- Secretary: Nadine Payne
- Treasurer: Yolanda Anderson
Voting meeting will be Thursday, April 27th at 5:30 pm in the Covered Play area, Please bring your PTSA card to vote in your new Board for 2017 – 2018 school year.
If you would like to have a voice in our school, then maybe being on the PTSA is for you! There is still time to throw your hat in the race to be on the board. Simply fill out the form below and mail it in or drop it off at the main office.*
The following are the dates for the Slate being posted of those who are running for a position as well as the date for our Voting meeting:
- Monday, April 17th those who wish to run for a position there names and acquired positions will be posted on this site.
- Thursday, April 27th @ 6:30pm – 3rd General Meeting will be in the Tapp Theater.
If you have any questions, please contact the nominating committee chair, Laura Shyman: Lshyman@comcast.net
Dear Tapp PTSA members,
The 2017-2018 Tapp PTSA Elections are coming on April 27th . Currently the nominating committee is searching for Leaders and visionaries like yourself willing to serve as the 2017-2018 Tapp PTSA Executive Board which consists of the following:
- 1 President or 2 Co-Presidents
- 1 or more Vice Presidents
- 1 Secretary
- 1 Treasurer.
Current PTSA members may nominate themselves, if interested or nominate someone who might be willing to serve. Just fill out form on the back of this letter and either give the form to Ms. Washington in the front office marked Ms. Shyman PTSA or place in the PTSA Box by Tiger Pole. The nomination form will also be posted on the PTSA website and additional copies will be in front office as well. If you have a desire to serve but not on the Executive Board the Nominating Committee is not responsible for selecting the Parliamentarian, committee chairs, or committee members however; will forward all names to the elected 2017-2018 Executive Board for their consideration.
The Nominating Committee will follow this schedule:
- Deadline for submitting nomination form for officers is March 20th
- Candidate Interviews will occur between March 21 – April 15th: All nominees will be notified of specific time for the interview and allowed an opportunity to consider any office prior to making a decision. We will do our best to accommodate schedules.
- Posting the Slate of Officer: The nominees for each position will be posted on/or by April 17th, ten days before the election meeting.
- Presenting the Slate Report: Tapp PTSA general & Election Meeting on April 27th.
Georgia PTA Suggested Qualifications: Knowledgeable about and adheres to the Purposes and basic policies of PTA. Experienced in PTA or other organizational work. Has a sense of just and fairness. Exhibits enthusiasm for PTA. Willingness to make PTA a priority for his/her schedule relative to the responsibilities and duties of the position.
To learn more about each position please look at our Tapp PTSA website. If you have any questions on the nomination process, please feel free to contact Laura Shyman by email Lshyman@comcast.net
This fundraiser is easy and very rewarding. Students do not go door to door selling items. We ask that you reach out to family and friends to make a purchase. We are not just selling cookies, there are cinnamon rolls, pumpkin rolls, popcorn, and soups.
- Sale Dates: February 28th – March 10th
- Cost: Each item is no more than $16.00.
- Pick up: The items will be shipped to the school and we ask that parents pick them up. That date will be announced once we receive all the orders in.
- Prizes: for every three items sold, students will receive a lanyard with an emoji charm…and then can add on to their charms…the more you sell the more you collect!
- Grand prizes: Top seller wins must sell 20 items and they win $50.00 cash, or sell 100 items and win $100 cash!!!
- Payment: Please have any checks and money orders made out to Tapp Middle school PTSA
- Our goal: $8,000
- Proceeds go toward: Student and staff recognition
- Turn in date: Money and order forms must be turned in the week of March 13th till 17th, we would like to have orders back before Spring Break!!
*Parents! Locate UNITED FUNDRAISING and like us on Facebook by searching for Tapp Middle School Fundraiser and be entered to WIN a $100 Gift Card!!!
View the Catalog online: Cookie’s and More!
This year is coming to a close very quickly and our new PTSA board members need to be nominated and then voted into office for the 2017-2018 school year.
If you know of someone you feel is dedicated and hard working…then click on the link below and print the Nominating Leadership form, fill it out and drop it off at Tapp Middle School into the front office.
Thank you for your help!
February is Black History month…this is the month that our children can learn about and remember important events and people in black history!
Tapp Middle School students and staff are working very hard on their performances. From 6th grade chorus singing to a wonderful performance by our Jazz Band. Students will be preforming skits, reciting poems and lets not forget our amazing dance performance by…..one of our amazing staff members!! The Book Fair will be open in the Media center as well….our children need to know that knowledge is power and this is an evening full of knowledge, love and support!!
This event is to bring together our families and business in the community. After their performance we are looking to serve an amazing meal so we can all associate with each other and come together as a community.
If you know of a business or have a business and would like to help provide any food or drinks, we more than welcome you. As a token of our appreciation, your business will be advertised on our Black History Program t-shirts as well as our PTSA Newsletter.
Here is our list of what is needed for 200 people so we need large pans of these items:
- Turkey: cooked or not..we can get someone to cook it
- Ham: cooked or not…we can get someone to cook it
- Chicken: Cooked or not…we can get someone to cook it
- Mac and Cheese
- Vegetables: Collards or green beans
- Sweetm unsweet tea and bottled water
- Paper plates
If you have you would like to donate anything or have any questions, please contact
Ms Watkins: Natasha.Watkins@cobbk12.org